Extended GridView Control Released

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2006 at 7:34 PM
Dear all:

I would like to announce to you that I have finally released the Extended GridView Control to the public.

I have added some new features in addition to those that I listed and explained in my article on ASPAlliance.com (http://aspalliance.com/946).

I would appreciate from all download the code and start working on it and try all together to improve it!!

As you can see, we can make this control great and give a chance to all developers not to go around seeking expensive third-party controls! They can simply use this free control, which after all is From the Community, to the Community!!!

Thank you!

Bilal Haidar MVP
Oct 17, 2006 at 10:34 PM
First of all I would like to congratulate you for the wonderful job of enhancing the gridview control and sharing it.

I would like very much to contribute to this project, but I'm not quite there to say the least. I just started doing some .net 2.0 pages and I don't know anything of developing .net controls.

In fact I'm struggling with some difficulties to use this release. I have tried an older version posted at (http://aspalliance.com/946) which worked fine apart of some issues:

- empty rows show up when data rows where less that the page size

- reading the SelectedIndices property (array with id of selected checkbox)

When I updated with this new dll, the xGrid didn't work anymore! At run time it return:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
CustomControls.Grid.xGrid.get_ContextMenuID() in D:\Projects\ExtendedGrid\CustomControls\xGrid.cs:440
CustomControls.Grid.xGrid.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) in D:\Projects\ExtendedGrid\CustomControls\xGrid.cs:739

I guess that some project path is hard coded at this new dll... When I tried to make something out of source code - you so generous shared with us - it gave some error when converting to 2.0.

Probably I'm just being stupid, but I would like very much to know what can I do to fix this problem with the new version.

Thanks

Hugo